As a published author and trained journalist and sub-editor, I write books, book chapters, reports, open learning packages and articles on health policy and care. (See my Publications elsewhere on this site). I synthesise research, edit copy and design communications plans. My work includes:
- Report of the Willis Commission on Nursing Education, 2012. http://www.williscommission.org.uk/home
- Front Line Care, the final report of the Prime Minister’s Commission on the Future of Nursing and Midwifery in England, 2010. http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20100331110400/http:/cnm.indep...
- Human resources for health unit, European region, World Health Organization, writing 50 country profiles.
- Office of Nursing and Midwifery, WHO Headquarters, writing and editing reports for a global project on primary health care.
- Global Health Watch 2005-2006: an alternative health report. Zed Books, London, 2005 (contributor, editor and member of research team).
- Collateral Damage: the health and environmental costs of war on Iraq, Medact, London 2002 (lead author).
- Rethinking professionalism, Future Health Worker project, Institute for Public Policy Research, London, UK, 2002 (sole author).